Finding Semblance: Deaf Dating
Deaf and hard of hearing individuals can sometimes find it difficult to make friends and date in the hearing world. Some of the most common destinations for dating such as movies and concerts can be difficult for a deaf person to enjoy, especially while also trying to meet a new person and make a connection. For deaf individuals looking to only date others who are also deaf and hard of hearing, the local community may not offer many options. To get around these barriers, many deaf individuals have now turned to the Internet and online dating as a way to connect with others who face the same barriers and understand the daily issues that they face.
Deaf dating sites cater to deaf individuals and have large followings; allowing deaf individuals to find pen pals, individuals to date outside of their local community, and make friends all over the world. These online dating sites allow deaf, hard of hearing and even hearing individuals to connect on the same level by using instant messaging, chat services, email, blogs, forums, and video chatting. For hearing individuals, these sites allow them to better understand the skills needed to successfully have a relationship with a deaf person.
Deaf Dating Resources, Guides, Tips and Advice
- Deaf and Hearing: This fascinating story told by a hearing woman that married a deaf man, discusses the ins and outs of this unique relationship and the special challenges that requires.
- Teen Zone: This fun site designed just for deaf and hard of hearing teens offers safe dating tips and tips for cyber dating.
- Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing Outreach: The National Domestic Violence Hotline provides information and confidential help to deaf women trapped in abusive relationships.
- Deaf Singles: Worried about making a good impression on your first date? Wondering how to make the best impact when filling out profiles at deaf dating sites? Then review and implement these first date tips, profile advice, and consider the benefits of using deaf dating sites.
- A Guide for Deaf People Living with HIV Disease: For deaf individuals living with HIV dating and sex carry some unique challenges. This detailed guide covers many aspects of living with HIV and being deaf including sharing the information with sexual partners and practicing safe sex.
Top 15 Deaf Dating & Socializing Sites
- Deaf Passions
- Deaf Singles Connection
- Deaf Match International
- Deaf Dating Club
- ASL Singles
- My Deaf Match
- Deaf Singles Meet
- Deaf Match Network
- World Deaf Chat
- Deaf Dating at Whisper4u